Privacy & Cookies Policy
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we believe it should be easy for you to understand our data and privacy practices. That’s why we’ve updated and streamlined our Privacy and Cookies Policies. We aim to explain in clear language what information we collect, how we use it, and the choices and controls you have.
Here are the key changes:
• We updated the policies so that they meet the requirements of the incoming General Data Protection Regulation. This means we will be providing you with more information on how we process your personal data.
• Specifically, we have updated our policy concerning use of personal data when you register to view a webinar, download a report, attend a roundtable or executive briefing.
Last Modified: 4 April 2022
1. Our commitment to privacy
3. Information about you
3.1. We may collect and process personal information from you in various ways, for example if you:
• contact us by phone, email, online using a form on a Website, face-to-face or otherwise in writing;
• become a registered user of a Website;
• register for a conference, training course or webinar;
• request further information about a service or product;
• fill out an online form for access to video content, newsletters or reports;
• register and purchase services or products from us;
• participate in our discussion boards on a Website or social media platform;
• enter a competition or prize draw;
• complete a survey;
• submit a job application;
• visit our Website (please see the ‘Cookies’ section below); or
• report a problem with a Website, event, product or service.
3.2. The type of personal information we collect includes your name, job title, company, postal address, email address, phone number, payment card information, personal description, photograph, dietary requirements, CV and other information about your qualifications, job history, and your right to work, if you choose to provide such details.
4. Information we receive from other sources
4.1. We work closely with third parties, for example, event venues, webinar providers, accommodation, sub-contractors in payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and may receive Personal Data about you from them.
4.2. We may record information about you that is available publicly from sources like LinkedIn, corporate websites, related industry websites and online directories. We may then research and record further details about you by contacting your company directly or searching online.
4.3. If you use the messaging service on our Website, we have access to those communications.
4.4. If you‘re applying for a job at MarketforceLive, we may receive information about you from your referees and former employers.
4.5. If you use our pages on social media platforms, then we may collect any Personal Data which you provide via those platforms in accordance with the policies of the applicable platform.
5. Personal Data about other people
6. Sensitive Personal Data
6.1. Unless we make it clear otherwise, our policy is not to ask for any sensitive Personal Data from you. We may, however, collect sensitive Personal Data if you provide us with it when you communicate via our Website or directly with us or via any third parties with whom we put you in contact. We may also collect sensitive Personal Data in order it to provide our services to you, or to deal with your enquiries, for example if we are making special travel arrangements for you we may need health details.
6.2. If you choose to provide this sensitive Personal Data to us, either as part of your interaction with the Website, as part of a particular service (where such information has been requested and the reasons for that are made clear to you), or for any other reason, this will mean that you have given your consent for us, to use that information for the reasons explained at the time you provide that Personal Data to us.
7. Uses we make of Personal Data
7.1. We may use the Personal Data that you provide to us or that we receive from third parties in the following ways:
• Direct marketing purposes: where you have expressly consented to us doing so in accordance with applicable law, you have purchased services or products from us or we otherwise have a legitimate interest or legal right, we may contact you by telephone or electronic message (e.g. email or SMS) for the purposes of providing information on our services and products, or providing information on behalf of our partners. We may also contact you by post from time to time, unless you have told us that you do not want to receive these communications. If you wish to update your Personal Data or opt-out of receiving further marketing communications from us get in touch at the address shown in the ‘Contact’ section below or opt-out here.
• Transactional purposes: we may process your Personal Data to provide you with the information that you request from us, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including managing your registration, attendance and participation at an event, which may include transferring your information to other organisations (see section headed ‘Disclosing Personal Data to third parties’ below); to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and services when you choose to do so; to allow you to communicate with other users and advertisers on our Website;
• Website administration and improvement: we may process your Personal Data to manage your access to MarketforceLive content and resources, and the access by authorised users within your organisation; to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device (see section headed ‘Cookies’); to notify you about changes to our events, products, services or Website(s); as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure, and for troubleshooting;
Marketing analysis and online marketing: to analyse Personal Data with a view to identifying how we can improve our marketing materials; provide you with products or services that can help to grow your business and send you marketing materials accordingly; to make suggestions and recommendations to you on our Website about services or goods that may interest you (please see ‘Profiling’ and ‘Cookies’ sections below); to match the email we hold for you to your Facebook account in order to target advertising to that account.
• Internal administration and analysis: to process your job application; to administer the MarketforceLive database; data analysis, research, statistical and survey analysis; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• Legal compliance: to comply with any relevant legal obligations;
• Transfer to third parties: where you have consented or requested that a sponsor contact you or where you have registered to view a sponsored webinar, or to download a sponsored piece of content, or to attend a roundtable or executive briefing, we may provide Personal Data to the sponsor for them to contact you, which Personal Data may include your name, job title, company, country, phone number and email address;
7.2. We may also contact you for other purposes that you consent to from time to time.
8.1. Please note that we may occasionally use Personal Data to conduct profiling of individuals on our database. This will help us target communications in a more focused, efficient and cost- effective way, helping us reduce the chances of individuals receiving inappropriate or irrelevant communications. To do this profiling we:
8.1.1. may cross-check certain Personal Data against public sources (such as a company website) to get a better understanding of who the individuals on our database are; and
8.1.2. combine information an event sponsor tells us about what you are interested with Personal Data we already hold about you;
8.1.3. Track your online behaviour in response to our emails and on our Website.
8.2. You can object to such use of your Personal Data for profiling at any time by contacting us at the address shown in the ‘Contact’ section below.
9. Legal obligations
9.1. We collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy. This includes national laws implementing the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) and from 25 May 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), also referred to as “GDPR”.
9.2. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is Marketforce Business Media Limited whose company number is 02174487 and registered address is Gate House, 1 St John’s Square, London EC1M 4DH.
10. Disclosing Personal Data to third parties
10.1. We never sell, trade or rent Personal Data.
10.2. We may disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary to the following third parties:
• Third party service providers: if you are enquiring about, registering for, or purchasing products, services or events from us, or ask us to make arrangements for your travel to and accommodation for at an event, we may disclose your information to third parties involved in their delivery and the provision of our online systems;
• Event partners or business partners: for information, please see ‘Uses we make of Personal Data’ section above.
• A purchaser of the business or business assets: if MarketforceLive, its business, or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users, suppliers, or customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• Authorities, companies and advisors for legal reasons: we may disclose Personal Data to other companies and organisations for the purposes of crime prevention and fraud protection or if we are otherwise under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (https://acceleraterail.com/terms-conditions/) or other agreements between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MarketforceLive, our Website users, our customers, or others;
• Referees or employers: if you are enquiring about a job, or making an application, then we may disclose your Personal Data to third parties such as your referees, or current and previous employers (if you ask us to contact them).
11. Where we store your Personal Data
11.1. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), including by our event hosts and sponsors which may be based outside the UK. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting personal data, you acknowledge that this transfer, storing or processing may occur.
11.2. We have also contracted with third party providers who may transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA:
• Salesforce.com, Inc (‘Salesforce’): manages our customer relationship management (‘CRM’) database and provides a marketing automation platform (known as ‘Pardot’), so your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by Salesforce in the United States and by its affiliates and third parties in other countries (as disclosed in the Salesforce’s full Privacy Statement which can be viewed at http://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy ). Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, including in countries and jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of protection. As described in the “International transfer of Personal Data” section of Salesforce full Privacy Statement, Salesforce has implemented safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your Personal Data is transferred outside of your country or jurisdiction. For more information about this, please see – http://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy./.
• Pardot: Salesforce provides a marketing automation platform (known as ‘Pardot’) and may transfer and store Personal Data outside the EEA as it provides the platform. Salesforce has implemented safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection where your Personal Data is transferred to countries outside the EEA. for more information about this, please see – https://www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/
• Sage: provides our accounting systems and may transfer Personal Data outside the EEA as it provides the platform. Sage has implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the EEA to Sage group companies and third party service providers located outside the EEA. For more information about this, please see – https://www.sage.com/company/privacy-notice-and-cookies.
• Cvent: provides onsite-registration, badging and badge scanning technology and may transfer Personal Data outside the EEA as it provides the platform. Cvent has implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the EEA to Cvent group companies and third party service providers located outside the EEA. For more information about this, please see – https://www.cvent.com/en/cvent-global-privacy-policy.
• Brella: provides event networking technology and may transfer Personal Data outside the EEA as it provides the platform. Brella has implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the EEA to Brella group companies and third party service providers located outside the EEA. For more information about this, please see – https://www.brella.io/privacy-notice.
• Grip: provides event networking technology and may transfer Personal Data outside the EEA as it provides the platform. Grip has implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the EEA to Grip group companies and third party service providers located outside the EEA. For more information about this, please see – https://grip.events/privacy-policy.
12. Data Retention
We will retain certain Personal Data in respect of financial transactions for as long as the law requires us to for tax or accounting purposes (which in the UK may be up to six years after a particular transaction). In respect of the holding of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, we will retain this data for five years from the date of your last interaction with us. We believe this period reflects our business cycle, as individuals may get in contact after some time.
We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect Personal Data from being accessed by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We also endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect Personal Data from external threats. However, please be aware that there are always inherent risks in sending information by public networks or using public computers and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of all data disclosed or transmitted to us.
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our sponsors, media partners and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the processing of your data by those websites. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
16. Your rights
16.1. In accordance with your legal rights under applicable law, you can request information about the Personal Data that we hold about you, what we use that Personal Data for and who it may be disclosed to.
16.2. You can also request that we:
• correct Personal Data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
• erase your Personal Data without undue delay;
• no longer use your Personal Data for marketing purposes (please see the ‘Direct Marketing’ section above); or
• transfer your Personal Data to another organisation, for example, an alternative provider.
16.3. We may forward the above requests on to a third party provider who is involved in the processing of your Personal Data.
16.4. Please note that MarketforceLive is not required to rectify or erase your data where doing so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to MarketforceLive or where MarketforceLive is legally required to retain copies of your Personal Data.
16.5. If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to our data protection contact at the email address in the ‘Contact’ section below. Where applicable law allows, we may request a fee to cover our administrative expenses in responding and may also require further information to verify your identity or locate the specific information you seek before we can respond in full.
16.6. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Personal Data other than in accordance with applicable law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the United Kingdom.